Between 1957 and 1989 Geoffrey Bawa was a partner in the firm of Edwards Reid and Begg. His fellow partners from 1957 to 1967 were Jimmy Nilgiria and Valentine Gunesekera. The Danish architect Ulrik Plesner joined the practice in 1959 and worked as a close collaborator with Bawa until the end of 1966.
After 1967 Bawa’s sole partner was Dr. K. Poologasundram who acted as engineer and office manager until the partnership was dissolved in 1989.
In 1990 Bawa founded a new and much smaller practice under the name ‘Geoffrey Bawa Associates’. Channa Daswatte acted as his principal associate from 1993 until 1998.
After Bawa suffered a stroke in March 1998 his affairs were administered by the ‘Lunuganga Trust’, the trustees being Sunethra Bandaranaike (Chair), Ward Beling, Channa Daswatte, Michael Mack succeeded in 2004 by Eugenie Mack and Suhaniya Raffel. Channa Daswatte continued to run ‘Geoffrey Bawa Associates’ until it was formerly closed at the end of 2002.